Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Us versus Cabin Fever

Aleeyah and I enjoyed the heatwave today! It was all of 42 degrees outside with a wind chill of 36. It felt SO wonderful to get out of the house and play. We spent over 3 hours outside playing in the snow. Well, she spent a little less than that since we left the snow boots in the car Chris drove today. She wore her tennis shoes and her piggies got a little colder than she liked. We threw snowballs at each other. We played with the sled. We built snowmen. And I even shoveled snow from the drive and sidewalks.

Yes, even though we are looking to have some temperatures finally above freezing and it will probably all melt soon (before the next snow), I shoveled snow. But THAT is what cabin fever will do to you! It didn't matter that my legs and bum were numb under my thin sweats from sitting in the snow. It didn't matter that snow gets heavy after shoveling an approximate 10 foot long path. Because we looked cabin fever in the eye today. We told it that we weren't going to take it any more.

And it felt good!

Aleeyah was more interested in sliding on her sled down the hill than making a snowman. So, I got the opportunity to take my time on her. Making sure that each ball was smoothly round and sized just right. Aleeyah stepped in to finish up the details and offered her hat to finish the look. After spending a good deal amount of time smoothing out the snow down the 10 foot path that currently is about 4 foot high and then covering up a lot of the dirty snow with clean snow so it would look pretty, she was complete. I was happy. And I am quite certain my looming elderly neighbors probably thought I was quite the nut job!

I wasn't quite ready to go back in after shoveling, so I asked Aleeyah if she wanted to sit with me while I made an Oliver from snow. It took me all of 15 minutes and I think he is DARLING! I thought about putting his lime green coat on his snowy replica, but we kinda like Oliver in his coat. So we chose a collar to match the Misses.

Of course, I took a few pics of our endeavors today. None of playing in the snow or building the snowmen because lets face it-cameras and snow covered gloves really just don't go hand in hand.

Enjoy!






7 comments:

GinSpaghetti said...

Cute!!! Love little Oliver.

Becky said...

Even your snowman and snowpuppy are perfect...no fair.

Cherish This Life! said...

I think you have missed your calling!!!! That is the best snowman I have ever seen, SO CUTE! And Snow Oliver is adorable. LOVE the pictures!!! I am so happy to see our weather getting warmer but this is the part I like the least, the poopy snow as Seven calls it is so gross!!!

LOL, my word verification is sogris...so I guess I should say the poopy snow is sogris! ;)

Jill Foley said...

I don't think I've ever seen such a perfect snowman!

Shannon Plumb said...

Those are the cutest and most perfect snow creatures I have ever seen! Like out of a magazine or something!:)

Kelly T said...

ADORABLE! I agree with Becky, though... how can even your snow person & dog be so perfect? I really kept looking at the picture of that snowgirl trying to figure out if she was really made of snow - how did you make her so smooth looking?

Abbie H. said...

haha! Thanks guys!

Honestly, it was helpful that the 4 year old wanted to do her own thing for the most part until the end. I think the weather turned out to make quite the perfect snow for making the snow creatures.

I just kept smoothing over the ball with my gloves and then packing in more where there was a pothole. :) Add in lots of cabin fever-enough to give you the patience you need and you have yourself a snowgirl and snowdog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails