Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy {meow}lloween

This year Aleeyah decided she wanted to be a cat for Halloween. Her costume was fun to put together and she was SO excited to see that I added paws to her shirt! I figured it would be cold that night and paws would be a good way to keep her hands warm. I already had everything at the house to make them so it was a very cheap and quick add on. I think this years costume was one of the cheapest Halloween costumes I've made.

Tulle and ribbon for tutu--$5
Black shirt from Target--$4
Black tights--$3
Headband and feathers for ears--$5
Tail--$4

Total of $21

Now her make-up on the other hand. I'm not sure how much it cost because I had bought some things that I didn't really need and didn't buy some stuff until last minute that I did need. Thankfully, I had 2 practice runs to do it before doing it on Halloween night. The first time was a flop (due to using the wrong stuff) and then second time turned out good for Chris' work festivities (after I picked up the other things I needed).

As I mentioned, we went up to Chris' work the day before Halloween to go trick or treating. There weren't many kids, but we had a good time anyway. Several of the teams had decorated their areas and some even dressed up themselves. Oddly, one of the areas was decorated in Christmas stuff. I'm not sure what that was all about, but they DID do a good job!










Then on Saturday we did a bunch of running around during the day and then made it home just in time to get dressed back up again, face painted, some pictures taken, and Skype with family in Oklahoma before we headed out the door for trick-or-treating. I love getting to take Aleeyah trick-or-treating. There were very few kids out around us when we went. I'm not sure if parents are mostly finding other things to do as fears creep up. Myself, I'd rather take Aleeyah trick-or-treating and replace her candy with candy I purchased before I ever said no to door-to-door knocking. It brings back such fun memories and how often out of the year do you get to go door-to-door, greeting people each time and then getting candy?

We had a wonderful time and the weather wasn't too cold or RAINING!!! Seems like it always rains on Halloween.

























Aleeyah told us when her bucket was 2/3 of the way full that she was done trick-or-treating and that she had plenty of candy in her basket. So she asked if I could carry the bucket home and then promptly asked dad for a ride home.


3 comments:

Jill Foley said...

great job on the costume!! next year you will have to make one for Chris, too!

Shannon Plumb said...

You are so talented! WOW!

BTW I would love the name of that book with the household recipes! Being thrifty makes me feel a little like the Duggers!

Cherish This Life! said...

LOVE the costume and so love the paws...those are awesome. Her make-up is so cool. She makes one pretty kitty! LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails