Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home

Tonight, at 7:56, our final plane landed in Oklahoma after a long journey of ships and planes, seas and mountains. We are home.

It may be a bit confusing for some. Our house is in Kansas City, so some might think we aren't home yet. No, the journey to our house comes tomorrow. But as the cheesy saying goes,

Home is where the heart is.

Oklahoma has been my home for all my life up until a year ago. I still say I'm going back home when I talk of coming back to visit. Most of our family also calls Oklahoma-home. So when talking about love and family-the phrase still applies. We had some amazing family that helped make this last weeks of vacation possible for us. For reasons, I haven't shared here yet.

Alaska brought many things for us. Quietness. Togetherness. Peace. Sleep. Relaxation. Tranquility. Amazement. Worship. Spark. Laughter. As a girl with skin as sweet as milk and with hair glazed with honey, waited for her mom and dad to come home. She laughed and played with family as she waited, but still-she waited.

For us and for her, Chris and I relived and rekindled in Alaska. Alone. We enjoyed evening nights together, wonderful new adventures, but most of all-holding hands. Our hands have been filled with a bouncing little girl and things like diapers, toys, cups, and much more. Chris and I couldn't help but to swing our arms walking down the airport terminal, laughing, at the craziness of it all. Two adult hands. Swinging. With no child in between.

We loved our time together, but our hearts were never 'home' and then day 4 came and went, and our hearts began to long for 'home'. And there I realized even more--Our 'home' is with her. Our sweet baby girl.

We have lots to share with everyone from our Alaskan adventures, but as for tonight



Goodnight sun. Goodnight moon.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Your trip sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear more.
There is so much recharging that can be gained from a week alone with the hubby.

GinSpaghetti said...

Welcome home!!! It sounds like Alaska was a wonderful time to reconnect. Can't wait to see pictures and hear about the "boat" - get some sleep, catch up soon!!!

Tracy said...

I know exactly what you are talking about - to me 'going home' is always North Carolina. And I would love to say I knew what you were talking about with the bliss of an alone vacation, but we couldn't hold hands on our last trip as my arms were hugging the toilet instead. We had a surprise stow away with me 2 months pregnant. Swell. One day, maybe!

Domestic Goddess said...

So glad you are HOME safe. I can't wait for you to get back to your 2nd home! :) I love this post, it brought tears of course! The sunset is beautiful, and I can only imagine how amazing the rest of your pictures will be too. Safe travels home tomorrow, hugs & love!!! MISS YOU!

Kelly T said...

I hope it truly was this relaxing and rediscovering for you. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails