Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Little JAG Cheerleader

Last night, I worked on a craft project to post for Wednesday's Craft Table over on Jagged Edge Boutique. The project I was working on was a crayon apron.




(see more pictures here)

I love crafting stuff, but it has deemed quite the challenge when it comes to Aleeyah and myself. Not necessarily because she wants the stuff I make, but because I want to give her the things I make. She just gets SO excited when I make stuff and it makes me want to give them to her. Thankfully, she is very good about understanding when I say it's for somebody else. Except for she is catching on and keeps asking if it is for Mason (her newest cousin).

Chris makes jokes about how God knew that I needed a little girl to get giddy about all things girly and he is probably right. When I show Chris something I've just made, he says , "cool" without a capital C nor an exclamation point. I love him, but most of the time we don't get excited about the same things. Aleeyah on the other hand, will get excited with me over the littlest things-which I LOVE. She's my girly-girl that doesn't mind getting her hands dirty.

So far, our new endeavor has been going well. I've been in the mist of trying to get some other projects done that were asked for before we "opened" Jagged Edge Boutique. And of course, getting all that done in between moving and planning a 4 year old's Birthday party created another challenge. We are getting settled in now though and the party was this last weekend in Oklahoma.

I'm excited to be able to start making some steps forward in making our adoption plans, a reality.

To steal one lovely lady's quote on her bio page:

When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say “I used everything you gave me” ~Erma Bombeck

2 comments:

Da MiMi said...

I LOVE the apron! That is just so cute and handy at the same time. I got a lil "weepy-eye" blast from the past thinking about all the aprons my mom made for me and Janine. Yours takes the cake, though.
(Yummmm, yummmm, yummmm) Ooops, sorry. Just thinking about that awesome birthday cake we enjoyed Saturday!

Becky said...

Cute apron! Love the quote from Erma Bombeck too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails