Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Whoo's Day is Tuesday!?--Meet Sarah


Is it really already Tuesday again? Wouldn't you have thought there would be a post or two between the Tuesdays? Yeah, me too, but we would be wrong! Maybe I'll come by and fill you in on the last week in the next couple of days....maybe not...we will see! :)

Today, I want you to meet Sarah. Sarah writes over at Finding What I'm Looking For. She is a wife and mum (she lives in Canada and mum is the proper term up there)of an adorable little girl named Pippa! HOW cute is that name??

I "met" Sarah online when she contacted me about joining our online Bible study group. I was amazed from the start about her enthusiasm for being a part of our group and her excitement to dive into the Word. She definitely as a heart for others and for God.

Heeerrrreeee's Sarah!!!

When did you start blogging and why?
I had been doing some yahoo groups and enjoyed those but wanted to try something more. I have a very close friend who has done some amazing things with blogging and what she had to say made me want to try. I think for me, with a little one at home, I love the encouragement and sense of community with blogging moms.

Has your blog evolved into something other than its original intent? When I started, which wasn't very long ago, I really didn't know what I was going to do (and I am not sure that I have entirely decided as of yet). I am someone who doesn't talk much or openly about my faith and I am trying to use my blog to work at doing that so that I can confidently express my love for God and His blessings in my life.

Is there a blog post that you have written that you would like to share with us? Since I am still getting started, I don't really feel that I have written anything "great" yet. It was pretty exciting when I figured out how to insert photos, though :-).

Do you write on more than one blog?
I have one of my own and I have posted a bit on our Bible study blog (thanks so much Abbie for giving me the opportunity to get involved in that!)

How do you think blogging has affected you the most? It just means so much to me to have found a community of Christian women who are at similar stages of life to me and who have similar values. Having my daughter has led me to ask a lot of questions about what it means to be a Christian wife and mother and seeing all of these incredibly talented capable women who are so committed to their faiths and their families has really helped me to form a clearer picture of who I am called to be.

Have you had an opportunity to meet any of your blog readers face-to-face? No, being up in Canada, I haven't stumbled across anyone yet who is nearby but I would love to get to me some of you at some point!

Are there any particular blogger tools that you would recommend to others (ex. Blog readers, traffic sites, widgets)? I am enjoyed using Google Reader to track the blogs I follow (a list that is getting longer and longer!)

What is the blog you look forward to checking the most daily and why? Wow, that's a tough one. I really enjoy reading Abbie's blog and Jess' blog. I am also really enjoying a few blogs that have a lot of information like healthy cooking and recipes and earth friendly parenting products (e.g., http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/blog/, http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/). I guess that is more than one - with my enthusiasm for some of the great blogs I have found, it's hard to limit to just one!

Name 1 blogger that you would like to see interviewed? Abbie! {abbie: woot woot!}

Is there anything else you would like to share? Just how much I am enjoying reading everyone's blogs and I would love to have suggestions for other blogs worth following!


Don't forget to go over and check out her blog. One of her recent posts shows off her buns! No, no people--hot cross buns.

6 comments:

Da MiMi said...

Glad to hear more about Sarah! Can't wait to cruise on over to her blog and check out her hot cross buns! Lots of love from Okieland!

Domestic Goddess said...

LOVE your answers Sarah! It has been so fun getting to know you!!!!!

Jill Foley said...

What?!?!?!? Raw potatoes? Ew.

: )

Jill Foley said...

Oh yeah...I'm enjoying this new Tuesday thing you have going.

Maybe you should start up a Monday thing....a Wednesday thing....a Friday thing....(you get the idea). Yes...we want to hear from you more often!

Jill Foley said...

I agree with Carol and Sarah.... we want to hear about Jess.

Give us those random thoughts of that domestic goddess

Abbie H. said...

Jill-you totally threw me off with the raw potatoes comment! I had to go find the culprit! haha!

I know, I know. I've been horrible at blogging lately. It definitely isn't because I've had nothing to say-it's just taking time to do it!

And the Domestic Goddess might have already been in the works...maybe not...but maybe. haha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails