Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Whoo's Day is Tuesday!? Meet Jess


It's already time for another edition of Whoo's Day is Tuesday!?

I'm having such a great time learning more about some blogger friends of mine and sharing that with you. In the same turn, it is difficult to try to figure out which blogger to go next because I want to learn about each of you equally.

This week's interview is with Jess who writes The Random Thoughts of a Domestic Goddess and her title serves her well!

Jess is another online buddy of mine. The history of our relationship goes back to me leaving a comment on her husband's parent's blog. His parents were in the process of adopting from Ethiopia and I enjoyed reading their blog. (BTW-they just recently brought their little girl home about a month-ish ago!) Jess left me a comment on my blog, emails were exchanged, and our friendship began to bloom. She decided to join our Bible study group and I really enjoyed getting to know her even more. Later, she invited us over for their annual Holiday Party. It's kind of a funny story because we both had people in our lives that were questioning why in the world we were meeting some person that we just "met" online. Let's just say, serial killers typically don't join Bible study groups.

Inviting a stranger into her home is exactly what sums up Jess for me. She such a genuinely kind an welcoming person to anyone that wants it. She a wifey and a wonderful momma to her daughter, Abby--love the name, don't you?

She also makes me cry, but in a good way. :)


When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging in March of 2008 because we were finally settled in our new home and I was working from home full time and LONELY! I found myself reading blog after blog and finally thought if they can do it why can’t I. I never imagined I would get so hooked or meet so many great people and I can happily report I am no longer lonely working from home!

Has your blog evolved into something other than its original intent?
It’s original intent was unknown, it was a time filler, a way to make me feel like I was having conversation and not talking to myself, LOL! So YES it has evolved into much more than I ever dreamed it would evolve into. It has been a way to keep our families connected, to share pictures and stories about our daily life and also to share my walk with God. I have met so many amazing people who have taught me SOOOOO much in my walk with God not only by their words but by how they live their lives. I am amazed more and more every day at just how great God’s plan is, and how perfect it can be when I let Him have control!

Is there a blog post that you have written that you would like to share with us?
There is no way I can just pick one, LOL! I am way too indecisive for that. If I had to pick one that I am most passionate about and that I have learned the most about myself because of it would be a topic and not just 1 post. Our Baby Boyd Dreams topic, (http://boy-oyd.blogspot.com/search/label/Baby%20Boyd%20Dreams) I think I am up to 18 posts under that label now and it is something very dear to my heart. We are going on 3 years trying to get pregnant and I have to say that it has been one heck of a roller coaster. I have learned SO much about myself and about my faith through this whole experience. I have poured my heart out without hesitation and given the process to God, it was a struggle to get to that point but I finally got there!!!!

I think my favorite recent post was the one I did to recap my first year of blogging. http://boy-oyd.blogspot.com/2009/03/current-state-of-mind.html I had fun looking back. But the blog posts that have gotten the most responses have been my Class of 99 posts, (http://boy-oyd.blogspot.com/search/label/Class%20of%201999) everyone has loved making fun of me! LOL!

Do you write on more than one blog?

I do…I am part of the All In His Design Bible Study group so I write there and then I have a top secret blog of mine own that I keep as a journal. Those are the only blogs that I have the “right” to post on but I am a comment junkie. I LOVE getting comments and leaving them so let’s just say I write on a lot of blog posts!

How do you think blogging has affected you the most?
As strange as it sounds it has opened me up to enjoying my life more, the everyday stuff, the “to do list” or the daily activities of life. I kind of went through the motions before and just did stuff but being able to blog and journal and photograph stuff that is part of my life has really made me enjoy things much more and acknowledge how much we really do. It has been a blast.

Have you had an opportunity to meet any of your blog readers face-to-face?
I have…I met Abbie which was so fun. We have great conversations and have a ton in common so we knew a lot about each other before meeting. It was great because our Husbands and kids got to meet too and it ALL went good so that was really exciting. We have met for lunch since our 1st meeting but haven’t been able to get together as often as I would like but hopefully now that the weather is nice we can have more lunch outings and park time, etc, etc. There are so many more readers I would LOVE to meet in person and I think that there are a few I will definitely meet someday, life will bring us together…God is good…He will make it happen!

Are there any particular blogger tools that you would recommend to others (ex. Blog readers, traffic sites, widgets)?
Ummm…too many to list. I don’t stick to one thing very long, I love to try new stuff and see how it works and then usually I go looking for something new after just a while. You can tell that by just how much the background and songs change on my blog! I can’t ever leave well enough alone! I Google search all the time to try and fine new Blogger widgets and improvements, there are some really smart people out there that you can learn a lot from! And Google reader is AWESOME, I usually only use it when I am behind on my reading, otherwise I like to go to the blogs themselves so I can what changes they have made and see how pretty the blogs look. I think the backgrounds and styles tell you a lot about people, they are so fun to look at.

What is the blog you look forward to checking the most daily and why?

I don’t know that there is one in particular that I look forward to, I just look forward to seeing who’s towards the top of the list because that means they updated! Life is busy and taking the time to blog can be time consuming so really if there is a new post on my reader list I am happy because it gives me something to read! I have been so inspired and touched by the reading I have been able to do through Blogger. If I have to name one blog that I stalk for updates it would be my Mum (www.boydadoption.com) because I am hoping there will be new pictures and updates about our little sister on there!!!

Name 1 blogger that you would like to see interviewed?

GIN!!!! For sure. She has the A.D.D. brain thoughts thing going on and I LOVE it. She can keep me entertained no matter the subject!!! But I would also like to see your answers Abbie…you should do a Interview with the Interviewer. LOL!

Is there anything else you would like to share?

One thing that I have noticed or heard a lot of about blogging is that people don’t think they are interesting or that anyone will read or that they will offend someone by what they say. If there is one thing I could say it would be to do it for you and you will be AMAZED at how much you learn about yourself and life in general through blogging. I hear it all the time “I can’t blog, I wouldn’t even know what to say” or “I love reading your blog but there is no way I could do all THAT” or “Nobody would want to read about my boring life.” There is such a community out there of Bloggers, people just like you and me that have created lifelong bonds through blogs. You don’t have to be a poet or scholar or always have something profound to say, it’s just about sharing, there is no right or wrong way to do it. Push yourself to get out of your shell and start a blog and if you don’t think you can blog then start by commenting on the blogs that you read…I’m telling you, it’s fun and addictive and you will LOVE IT!!!!

And PS….Abbie is the bestest! (( no she isn’t adding this on her own either! )) Thank you for doing this and for interviewing me and for being so great. I have loved every minute of getting to know you and my life wouldn’t be the same without you. You have such a fantastic outlook on life and have such a great perspective on things that I can’t even begin to wrap my mind around. And our Bible Study that you organized has been the best thing to happen in my life in a long time! Thanks Abbie for being so sweet and caring so much about everyone else…YOU ARE THE BESTEST!!!


See, she is too good to me!

Thanks lady for joining us this week!

3 comments:

GinSpaghetti said...

Holla 'atcha girl yo! Couldn't resist! I loved your interview with J to the izza, funk masta.

LOL I have no idea where that came from!!!

These interviews are so much fun!!! It's so neat learning about everyone and I think my favorite part so far, has been seeing what people started their blog intending and where it has evolved to the present.

SO much fun reading Jess' interview!!! I agree with her though... I think the interviewer should be the interviewee -- I'm sensing a guest post coming up soon! A guest post for Whoo's Whoo, haha! Jess oops, J to the izza, funk masta will have to take honors on that one since she pointed it out! ;)

Jill Foley said...

Yeah...it's Jess!!! Great interview. These are so much fun to read. Keep them coming!

Mama's Ramblings said...

I don't know how I passed over this post, but I LOVE IT!! I am partial because I have known Jess forever, but she always answers a question that makes me learn something new about her.

This is such a great idea to interview people. I have been enjoying it.

Hope to see you @ the Boyd household tomorrow!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails