Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Whoo's Day is Tuesday!? Meet Carol




I have decided to begin a series of blogger interviews called Whoo's Day is Tuesday!? Why? Because I love learning about people and we have such a large group of people in the blogging world. I've got to meet some amazing people since my time here and have been able to get to know many of them on deeper levels. I hope to introduce you to some of those people and maybe others that I've never got to meet before. I'm hoping it will be an every Tuesday kind of deal, but I make no promises!

Today, I introduce you to Carol. Carol-->blog readers. Blog readers-->Carol. She writes on Keeping Up with the Leeth's. She is married and has 2 adorable boys, Gavin and Paxton. I love visiting her site to see her newest pictures of her boys and read about their adventures.

I met Carol when we first started going to a new church congregation in Oklahoma City. I'm trying to remember just how long ago that was, but am failing. Probably some 6-7 years ago. I didn't know her that well when her husband was diagnosed with cancer in his mid 20's. I remember going over to her house with a group to help do some things around the house to get it up for sale while her husband was sick.

As I walked through her house, I saw some of her beautiful photography hanging on the walls and she had a TV a moire that if it looked a bit lighter and we weren't there with a church group, I might have had to shove it into the back of my truck. :) I refrained though. I spent some time in Gavin's room, helping him get it clean. I don't remember how many Elmo's he had, but we will just say-he liked his Elmo's!!

After spending a long day doing the necessary things to get a house closer to being up for sale, we all sat down in the living room talking. It was nice to get to know Carol a little bit better. We got to see their construction plans for their new house. I remember being amazed by their faith in that moment. Here they were uncertain of Jon's health, but it didn't keep them from believing that they would spend many more years in their new house together.

The years after that event, we rarely ever saw the Leeth's. It wasn't until both of us began blogging that we got to really know each other. Some 6-7 years ago, a small foundation was built and it wasn't until recently that we began chatting over morning tea on the phone or through email. She is a beautiful person inside and out.

Without further ado....


When did you start blogging and why?

I started blogging about a year and a half ago. We had just moved into a new house and I wanted to send pictures and be able to keep my family up on what we were doing..

Has your blog evolved into something other than its original intent?

Yes. I have found old friends and been able to keep in touch with people I hardly ever talk to normally. I also get to vent and ask for other's honest opinions about anything. And my family never looks at it...

Is there a blog post that you have written that you would like to share with us?

I most enjoyed a post from last September,
http://theleeths.blogspot.com/2008/09/little-more-serious.html I always enjoy Bible study and sharing my thoughts and hearing others!

Do you write on more than one blog?


Yes, I have my personal blog and a bible study blog I am a part of

How do you think blogging has affected you the most?


It has given me courage and encouragment to do things and say things I don't think I would otherwise. I have been able to find information and learn so much through my blog, as well as others!

Have you had an opportunity to meet any of your blog readers face-to-face?

Not really, only those I knew before hand. I don't really know that I have that many readers.

Are there any particular blogger tools that you would recommend to others (ex. Blog readers, traffic sites, widgets)?

I was turned onto http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/
it has great page layouts!

What is the blog you look forward to checking the most daily and why?

It depends on my mood. If I need a boost I check my Bible Study blog, but if I am just being nosey and want to know what others are up to, I quickly scan through my entire list.

Name 1 blogger that you would like to see interviewed?

Jess, the Domestic Goddess

Is there anything else you would like to share?

I think my favorite thing about blogging has been checking my comments! Even though I stay at home, it give me a way of getting feedback that can boost me through a rough day or just let me know there are people out there paying attention and interested in what I have to say!


Thanks so much for sharing Carol!!!

4 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

I LOVE YOU CAROL!!!!! Love the interview (( fantastic idea Abbie, you are just the most creative thing EVER, love it, love it! )) I don't know how many readers you have Carol but you have ME and I love reading your updates and seeing the pictures of your adorable boys. It's times like these when you are so thankful to have met such incredible people but SOOOOO wish there were not so many miles between us all. But really it's probably God's plan don't you think...none of us would EVER get anything done if we lived close enough together to see each other weekly! LOL! I love your story and your courage and your thoughts, thanks for sharing!!!!!

The Leeth family said...

Abbie, I still have that amoire! And I still love it!! It is one of those furniture pieces I don't think I will ever get rid of!! But if I do, I will think of you! :P
Jess, I don't know if I have a lot of readers, I don't always have that many comments, but the few I do have are awesome! You are so encouraging and I love getting to know you through here and our Bible study!
One day we are going to have to set up a get together so we can all meet and have a little crazy fun!!

GinSpaghetti said...

Neat idea Abbie!! Nice to meet you Carol! I'm heading over to your blog right now! :)

The Leeth family said...

Hey Abbie
my family and I are going to be traveling through your way in July. July 2nd to be exact, on our way to Chicago. I mentioned to Jon that we should see about having dinner or something if you are available. We are going to stop for the night somewhere around there i think... Anyway, it is still a couple months away, but wanted to give you a heads up!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails