Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Highlights

We had a great weekend! Here are some highlights without a lot of Abbie ramblings.

Aleeyah has been bugging me about getting her Bendaroos ever since we went to a restaurant that had them. She sees them from time to time on an infomercial. We just happen to find them at Walgreens and they come in a box of 500! She has been on cloud 9 with her Bendaroos and I love it because it's a good, quiet toy!



She is using her play voice and for some reason she thinks this goose makes a donkey noise.


Ignore the big brown glob on her sweater. She had a chocolate filled egg on the way home from Walgreens that made it's way in her hair, face, seatbelt, shirt, pants...you name it!

Then after we played Bendaroos, she rode her bike in the house. No, she doesn't normally get to ride her bike in the house, but it was raining and well...it was something other than Bendaroos!



Saturday afternoon we took Aleeyah to see Monsters VS Aliens in 3D. She wasn't feelin' the whole 3D thing. Well, she did alright until stuff started flying at her face then the glasses quickly came off! I didn't get a pic of her in oversized glasses, but she did look pretty snazzy!

Then Saturday evening we went to go play over at my dad's house on his 4 wheelers in the snow. Let's just say, I could have just about peed in my pants and all over my dad when he took me sliding down a hill SIDEWAYS!!! Not cool!

Dad hooked Aleeyah's sled up to the 4 wheeler and took Aleeyah and Chris for a little cruise. Now the in the first video you will see what I agreed to. Then the next video you will see how they returned--notice the 3 year old on the 4 wheeler BEHIND my dad. They did that to keep her face shielded from the wind after she got a whole face full of snow/water mixture, but I am one of those people that could be a good risk analyzer and well...that scene just about made my heart jump into my throat!




All that to say, we did have a good time and Aleeyah wasn't ready to go home, but Chris had homework, Aleeyah was very cold, and I wanted to get off the roads before dark.

Here are a few more pictures from our time out in the snow.









And brother Cody on his 4 wheeler..



8 comments:

Da MiMi said...

Okay, I think I'd like some of those bendaroos. They look like they'd make for some awesome stresss-relief!

The Leeth family said...

Gavin has been wanting ome Bendaroos since he saw them on tv! I have been hesitant to buy them, but I may have to make a trip to Walgreens!!

Ben, Kelly and Sophie said...

I didn't notice the brown blob until you pointed it out. =O)

I LOVE the Gonkey. When you typed that the goose made that sound, it didn't seem that amusing to me. But for some reason when I watched it, I really got a good chuckle. She's too cute!

Domestic Goddess said...

HOW FUN!!!!!! I love all the pictures. The Bendaroo's look like a blast and Aleeyah riding her bike in the house is adorable. When we 1st moved into our house all Abby wanted to do was ride her bike the garage, she was very impressed that we had an outside type of place that had cover from rain, LOL, it's the little things in life! The 4-wheeling looks like so much fun, I am with you on the peeing my pants part, that sounds scary!! The time outside looks like so much fun!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend despite our completely random snow storm, LOL!

Jill Foley said...

Glad to see you got some of that beautiful white stuff!

GinSpaghetti said...

Oooh fun! Are Bendaroos like pipe cleaners? I loved the donkey noise, must be some goose!

4-wheeling looks like it was SO MUCH FUN! My sister had a four wheeler but she sold it a couple of years ago. She used to love riding it.

Tracy said...

Snow?? Snow?? what's snow?? (says the South Carolina girl).

Abbie H. said...

Gin-I am SO sending you some Bendaroos!!! They are wax covered string. The string won't break and the wax magically sticks to the string. It's weird and a lot of fun!

Tracy--yes, it is our extent of snow! And it was melted the next day. Then 2 days later (today) was almost 70 degrees outside.

Related Posts with Thumbnails