Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Random Reasons I Need Jesus

Over on facebook, a 25 random things chain has been floating around. Basically, you are suppose to post 25 random things about yourself and then tag others to do the same. While trying to find some randomness about myself, my mind kept wandering back to some struggles that I face in my life. So today, I bring to you...

25 Random (being not ALL) Reasons I Need Jesus:

**EDIT:Just to clarify-this list isn't intended to beat myself up and I'm do not feel a sense of deep guilt. It is intended to provide some transparency in myself, a confessional, help others feel less alone in some of their own thoughts and feelings, and finally, give God the props for loving all of us even with all our faults. I promise--No Abbies were harmed in the making of this post**

1. I tend to give myself to Him only when it's convenient for me.

2. I have a hard time discerning what HIS will is for me and my life.

3. Every day I find myself doing things that I have to apologize to Him for later.

4. I've spent most of my life singing worship songs that I don't even know what the words mean.

5. I often find myself not knowing what God wants from me or how he is going to use me.

6. I've used His words to hurt others in the past-not understanding the damage I was doing.

7. There are times that I don't want to go to worship with other Christians. Not because of Him, but because of my own insecurities that causes issues when I'm around other Christians.

8. I struggle with diving into the Word daily because I'm too busy doing other things.

9. I often get so busy with the task, that I lose focus on the purpose.

10. I still have beliefs that I don't even understand why I believe them.

11. I have a hard time letting go of my bitterness about the way that Christians often treat others.

12. There are times that I forget that my purpose here, on earth, is not to get to heaven.

13. I often measure success by the reward instead of enjoying His rewards without without the success.

14. I put my relationship with my daughter and my husband before my relationship with Him.

15. I don't give enough of myself or the funds that He trusted me with.

16. I often tell Him I want to do more, but get scared when He actually opens the door.

17. I've been guilty of doing tradition over God's word.

18. I'm always fearful His purpose in my life is different than what I want.

19. I'm horrible about handing over my worries an fears to Him.

20. I tend to classify certain sins as being worse than others and then put on my judgment hat for those occasions.

21. I've been struggling lately with spending quiet, alone time with Him-even though, I know it's that time that I need the most.

22. Every day Satan tells me that I lack value-I'm not good enough-no one cares about me-that I'm ugly-God doesn't need me. And despite what I know about God, what I know about my friends and family, what I know about myself--I often listen and believe his lies.

23. Our purpose here is to bring others to Him, but yet it's one of the things I'm most frightened about doing. I can help others to do loving, Christ-like things, but actually helping them see that they need to give their lives over to Him-scares me.

24. There are times that I find myself walking the fine line of being bitter vs. guarded. More often times than not, I don't even know where the line is.

25. Finally, no matter what I do in my life or how much I do it, I will always need Jesus so that one day I can become perfect in Him.

7 comments:

MizTremblay said...

Wow. So many of those (like all of them!) are true for me too!

Steve said...

Ok ... while I think I'd apply all of the items to be too, I found your list to be sad! You were talking negatively about yourself and just about every one of them!

Now, your next assignment is to write 25 things about why you are worthy of a relationship with Jesus Christ! What good deeds have you done? Which comandments have you followed consistently? What Bible thoughts do you do your best to practice? What do you do in the local church? ;o)

Abbie H. said...

Steve-I get where you are coming from and it is a bit sad, but the point in all of it was to say-we have downfalls and yet we are still perfect only because of Jesus. It was a bit of a confessional, if you will.

For me, I use to struggle big time with seeing other Christians as people who never wrestle with the same problems or thoughts that I do and that I must just not be good enough. We all have our own downfalls, but some times we just aren't willing to share them with those who might need to know them.

And yes, there are many things that I do on a regular basis like the things you mentioned, but I pray those things felt by others through my actions and my relationships with others more so than a list may show.

Da MiMi said...

Oh boy, I could be the author of that list, without exception.
Steve's right about the negative things. Too many days, I'm my own worst enemy!
We've gotta remember one one word: grace.
Grace is pardon and power...
God's grace saves us. God's grace is also the Divine Power that we need to enable us to overcome our human frailties...
We begin to give these issues up to God by saying...
"I can't keep this under MY control. I need God's help."
Love ya!

Tracy said...

Once more, I think we have the same brain. I completely agree with all 25. But then I have to step back and remember that Christ does not want to feel guilty but to feel loved and full of His spirit.

And BTW, got your doll in the mail today. HOW CUTE!! I'll let you know how it goes....

Abbie H. said...

I guess I should have added that I don't beat myself up over this list or feel a weighing sense of guilt.

That's the great thing-God loves me with all my flaws!!!

Tracy--glad you got it! Still praying for you and your trip! BTW-I was going to tell you Marta's birthday is on the 7th!

Domestic Goddess said...

I love your list, negative or not it is extremely truthful and I can relate to almost all that you had on your list...gives me a lot to think about!

Related Posts with Thumbnails