Thursday, January 1, 2009

PJ's, Reindeer Food, Cookies, and Dancing

We had a lovely Christmas this year! Due to Chris' work schedule we weren't able to go to Oklahoma until the Saturday after Christmas. It worked out great in that we were able to spend Christmas under our own tree here in Kansas and still make it home for Christmas.

Aleeyah has never been so excited about Christmas as she was this year. It was a very fun year and it makes me wonder just how much more she will "get it" in the years to come.

We started our evening by letting Aleeyah open her gift from her daddy. Growing up, I remember my dad giving me and my sister Christmas pj's so that we could wear them to bed Christmas Eve. I suggested this to Chris when we were pregnant and he has began making this a tradition for him and his daughter.



After getting our Christmas pj's on we made reindeer food as a little treat for the over worked reindeer. Chris and Aleeyah worked on this while I prepared for cookie making. They mixed some oatmeal, bran cereal, dried fruit bits, and nuts to make the perfect reindeer treat. We then placed it on balcony and then Aleeyah yelled into the sky, "There you go reindeer!".





Next on our agenda was making Christmas cookies.....or should I say sprinkles with a little sugar cookie dough.






Once the cookies were done baking, Aleeyah picked out which 3 cookies she wanted to leave out for Santa. She is VERY into finding matches and doing similar items-so she picked the 3 candy canes for Santa. We poured him some milk and put them on the table where he would be sure to see them!


I began cleaning up the mess from the kitchen and turned to look to see what Chris and Aleeyah were doing. I quickly and quietly grabbed my camera to catch them dancing to the Christmas music playing on the radio. (the last one is a bit blurry, but I had to include it)



We got Aleeyah to bed and about 3 hours later, she was finally sleeping.

And some time during the night the reindeer made a mess of their food on the balcony. Santa came down the cooled chimney, ate his cookies, and left a little surprise for Aleeyah. He also left presents under the tree for all and filled our stockings.



TO BE CONTINUED........

3 comments:

Jill Foley said...

Oh fun, fun, fun...but you left me hanging!!!

Juli Jarvis said...

It's so fun to read about your doings and see the photos! Looking forward to the next installment!

Domestic Goddess said...

I LOVE the Christmas PJ idea, that is great, and such a cute thing. The cookies turned out cute. You guys do such great things as a family, and the pictures are great reminders, Aleeyah will cherish that as she gets older!!! VERY CUTE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails