Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tree Farm

On Sunday afternoon, my dad, his girlfriend, Chris, Aleeyah, and I went to the tree farm to pick out our Christmas tree. We had been meaning to do this, but they are only open on the weekends. We finally made the venture out. This is the first year we have had a real tree. We gave our 9 footer away last year (oh, how I LOVED my tree) because we were moving and didn't know if we would have enough room at the new place for it. We don't know where we are going to be next year so we thought we would try out a real tree. We had a great time going out to find the tree and Chris, being the great husband and daddy that he is, chopped it down for us!! While they wrapped and loaded our tree, we warmed up by the faux fireplace and enjoyed hot cider and hot chocolate. Okay, well the cider was enjoyable, but I'm hard to please on hot chocolate! I love the hot chocolate with double the amount of mix! mmmmMmmmm!

It's in the house and in it's watered, but not decorated yet. I have great memories of my family decorating the tree every year growing up. For me, I'd rather wait until I can have that kind of time with my little family instead of hurrying up and getting the ornaments on the tree. Since those moments come in times of calmness without busyness, then it hasn't got done yet! We are planning on doing it tonight, but still may not happen. Chris is playing racquetball this evening with his boss, so we will see how much time we get afterwards.

I do know that we will not be doing a real tree next year. Apparently, I'm allergic to it! Wheezing has been a part of my life again since we brought it into the house and we won't talk about what it does to my arm when I touch it. Oh, well! It looks lovely!!!















6 comments:

Jill Foley said...

I'm allergic to real trees too. We tried it one year. Sometimes I wish we could have the experience of going out as a family and picking and chopping down a tree. Oh well.

Tracy said...

I don't think you are really missing out on much by not having a real tree next year. We went to tree farms the last 4 years to cut ours down and while it was fun, having them droop and become fire hazards the week before Christmas is not so much fun. Every morning I would find ornaments and tons of needles around the edges. And yes, we did keep it watered! This year we just went out and are doing the fake tree bit.

Da MiMi said...

Of course, you know you'd better have the anti-itch somethingorother meds ready for when you get down here and play with the tree pa pa got for aleeyah. gotta love it!

Ben, Kelly and Sophie said...

I love the pic where Aleeyah has her ears covered.

Britt said...

Looks like too much work...lol. Then again, our pre-lit tree had half it's lights working this year...lol!

Domestic Goddess said...

Oh Abbie, I share in your pain. I break out in hives as soon as they touch me. I have never had my own real one but always wished for the christmas tree farm experience. That netting machine is awesome, never seen something like that before, pretty spiffy!

I like to have my trees up really early so I am not a very good fresh tree canidate anyways so that would cancel them out before the hives came :) The pictures are great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails