Thursday, November 20, 2008

We have a WINNER

....for the Compassion "Please" shirt. Well, in my opinion, you are all winners--awwwwww!

Before we get to the drawing, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for participating in this with us. We have 29 people signed up already and there are only 15 slots to fill before Thanksgiving. Honestly, I didn't know if we would fill it up this much. When I began trying to make a time sheet for the day, I wondered if it was too many. Too many slots that my little blog couldn't fill. Every time I went to shorten the time, my mind would immediately be reminded of how big God is and what He is capable of doing. So I went with it--with full faith that somehow it was going to happen.

I know there will be an enormous amount of prayers around the world going up to God on Thanksgiving and many of those will include prayers for the poor. I know that 31 of us will be praying for the children and their families living in poverty--just a small number compared to what God will be hearing that day, but our prayers will not go unheard.

In just a week, some of us will be fasting and many of us will be in prayer for these little ones. There will be a couple more ways to get involved that I will be talking about closer towards the beginning of next week.

I'm excited to be doing this with all of you. I'm looking forward to writing our sponsored children and telling them how they had lots of people praying for them on Thanksgiving!!!!!



Congrat's Sara!!!! I'll be getting with you to get more information!!!!

Everyone else-rush over and get your shirt to wear on Thanksgiving with us and look for more on our Fast & Feast Day coming soon!!!!!

7 comments:

Jill Foley said...

That can't be right...my name is spelled JILL, not SARA!?! : )

Becky said...

God is so good. Congratulations to Sara on winning the "T".

Domestic Goddess said...

Congrats Sara, that is a fantastic T-shirt. And thanks for setting all this up Abbie, it is a great purpose and really such a small act when you look at the big picture, I can't wait!

MizTremblay said...

I love the videos. How do you add them to your blog from YouTube?

Abbie H. said...

Jill-LOL you are a funny girl!

MizTremblay--once you load a video to youtube then use the embed code to paste into your post.

Juli Jarvis said...

Check out this awesome video!
http://compassionjuli.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/video-of-a-child-getting-sponsored-woohoo/

Sara@www.tablegrace.net said...

Hey! The last time I won anything was a stuffed poodle when I was in the 3rd grade! I got so excited that I almost threw up! Then....not this time:)
Thanks so much:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails