Monday, November 24, 2008

I am a christian

I found this today and I loved it.......

when i say 'i am a christian.' i'm not shouting 'i'm living clean.' i'm whispering 'i was lost. now i'm found and forgiven.' when i say 'i am a christian.' i don't speak of this with pride. i'm confessing that i stumble. and need Christ to be my guide. when i say 'i am a christian. i'm not trying to be strong. i'm professing that i'm weak. and need His strength to carry on. when i say 'i am a christian.' i'm not bragging of success. i'm admitting i have failed. and need God to clean my mess. when i say 'i am a christian.' i'm not claiming to be perfect. my flaws are far too visible. but God believes i am worth it. when i say 'i am a christian.' i still feel the sting of pain. i have my share of heartaches. so i call upon His name. when i say 'i am a christian.' i'm not holier than thou. i'm just a simple sinner. who received God's good grace somehow. -unknown

4 comments:

Steve said...

Very well said, but there is something that bothers me ... sort of! Like I do many times, this post speaks of the negative too much, almost like its apologizing to non-Christians who may not "get it" when they read it. For example things like, "I am not ... " "I don't mean to say that ... "I don't ... " You can now return to your regularly scheduled programming! ;o)

Abbie H. said...

Steve-maybe that's the negative in you only seeing the negative!!! haha! just messin'. I get what you are saying though.

when I say 'i am a christian.'
i'm whispering 'i was lost. now i'm found and forgiven.'
i'm confessing that i stumble. and need Christ to be my guide.
i'm professing that i'm weak. and need His strength to carry on.
i'm admitting i have failed. and need God to clean my mess.
my flaws are far too visible. but God believes i am worth it.
i still feel the sting of pain. i have my share of heartaches. so i call upon His name.
i'm just a simple sinner. who received God's good grace somehow.

How does that work? If I were to actually edit someone else's quote! lol!

Juli Jarvis said...

I understand what's being said. If you said it in the opposite (as so many believe we are saying) it would look something like this:
I'm a Christian -- I'm living clean.
I'm a Christian and you aren't.
I'm a Christian and I can do anything.
I'm a Christian -- I've succeeded in life!
I've never failed! Look at me -- I'm perfect!
I'm a Christian -- look, no pain or hardship!
I'm a Christian -- holier than thou.
Too bad you can't be as good as me. Let me try to help you reach perfection. Try to follow MY lead, but I doubt if you can.

Abbie H. said...

hhhmmm....I guess I just don't see that. I see it more of I'm a sinner just like any one else. Just because I have Jesus in my life doesn't mean there won't be hardships and pain, but in the big scheme, it doesn't matter because God is God and He will fulfill His promises. (And anyone can have that. It's not an elite club that only myself and a few others can get into.)

In short-I make a mess of myself and my life and God constantly has to run around and clean it up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails