Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Footprints of Jesus



With Fast and Feast in Prayer Day/Thanksgiving rapidly approaching, I've been thinking a lot and praying about this day. I've been praying that our hearts are aching and asking God to be with the poor and for Him to open our hearts to fully understanding our role in their lives. I've been praying that every single one of us will long to do more than we ever imagined to serve others. Whether they live thousands of miles away or if they live in our backyard so to speak. I've been praying that our views on what we can do will be challenged.

I think that sometimes we just expect the president-elect and his team, the government, an organization, the congregation we attend, or Joe next door to step up and get it done. I know because I've been there. I've thought that it was somebody else's job to help them. Not me. I'm not properly equipped to do something like that. BUT what I've realized is that God as commanded and equipped each and every one of us to help. It may not be selling everything we own and moving to Africa, but it does mean giving with what God has provided for you because your heart aches to do more.

We are called to live our lives as Jesus lived his. To walk in His footsteps. To spread the same kind of love that He did.

I have to admit, those are some big shoes to fill and I know I will never be able to fill them. That is the beauty of it. I need Jesus. I need Jesus because without Him, I am a wanderer without direction.

1 comment:

Juli Jarvis said...

Love the footprint wordle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails