Thursday, November 6, 2008

Feast in Prayer-November 27th

**ANOTHER EDIT: All times are EST times!!! If this is a problem with those who have already signed up-please let me know and we can get your time changed!!!

**Edit-you can sign-up to feast in prayer without doing the fast.**

Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! Myself and a few others have dedicated Thanksgiving 2008 for a day of fasting from food and feasting in prayer.

You've READ about it, you want the SHIRT! More importantly-it BREAKS YOUR HEART!

I know fasting on a day of good food and fellowship is difficult, but will you feast in prayer with us on Thanksgiving for THESE children and their families?

Scroll down and sign up for a time between 6am-12am that you will spend asking God to help the people living in poverty and give all your thanks to the Lord for all that He has blessed you with so that you can help the poor.

We only have a few short weeks before it will be here and I would love to see the entire day being filled with prayers going up to Him for these little ones.

Sign-up before November 19th and I will include your name in the drawing for the free Compassion "Please" shirt in one of the four languages.

Also if you would like to purchase a Compassion "Please" shirt--all proceeds go to the Global Food Crisis Fund--we will be sporting our t-shirts on Thanksgiving and bringing more awareness to this growing crisis!

Visit Compassion's store HERE and read about other WAYS to get involved with the Global Food Crisis Initiative.

Leave a comment and I will add you to the list.

I need your help in spreading the word and getting these times filled! Tell your mom, your dad, your sister, your brother, the guy ringing the bell in front of your local grocery store.

Let's do this for every child, every mother, every father who will not be eating on Thanksgiving!


****Time schedule moved to most recent post*****

27 comments:

Britt said...

7:01-7:20am Sign me up!

MizTremblay said...

I'll sign up for the 8:00-8:20 am slot.

I'll be praying off and on throughout the day, so if you need me to fill in any "unsponsored" time slots, I'd be glad to fill in--just wanted people to have a chance to sign up. :)

The Leeth family said...

I want the 7:21-7:40am and the 9:01-9:20pm slots. Sign Jon up for the 9:41-10pm slot!

Candace said...

We already made plans for thanksgiving with family - to feast that is. Can I still sign up to pray at 6am-6:20am? I can fast until 12:30=)

BTW, thanks for the comment on my blog!

Abbie H. said...

Yeah, that would be great about signing up to pray.

I've got you down!!! Thanks!

Jill Foley said...

Sign me up for 8:41-9:00 am AND pm!

Da MiMi said...

6:21 - 6:40 I'll also be praying throughout the day but in particular will use that 5 1/2 hour drive to do some heavy bible reading and praying!

Sara said...

8:21 to 8:40 will do nicely:)

Sara said...

am please. Sorry:)

Kimberly said...

I'll gladly take 6:41 to 7AM.

Thanks for this opportunity to be part of a greater prayer on behalf of those in poverty around the world!

Ashlie said...

I'll do the 10:01-10:20 slot. Thanks for inviting me to do this and for visiting my blog!

Lisa Miles said...

Abbie, this is wonderful! Put me down for the 5 p.m.- 6 p.m. slot if it's still open.

I'll post a link to this over on my blog...

Ashlie said...

Am please! Sorry I forgot to specify.

Ben, Kelly and Sophie said...

Put me down for 9:21 to 9:40! As long as I don't have to fast... I don't think the little one in my tummy would agree with that too much!!

Steve said...

Sign me up for the 7:41 to 8:00 am slot. I live in the central time zone. Are we talking about EST? I don't want to miss my "appointment."

The Leeth family said...

I missed something!! EST!? So are you saying I signed up for 6:20am! Nevermind... backwards! But I had to leave this cause I thought you'd get a kick out of it! So here in Ok, I am signed up for 8:21? I like CST! Can I just go with that!? :)

Abbie H. said...

LOL Carol!!!! I know-the whole EST, CST thing was pointed out to me by someone else. I figured it would be best to stick to EST since that is what most things follow.

photoqueen said...

9:41 - 10 am: Sign me up, please!

(And thanks for stopping by my blog!)

Domestic Goddess said...

This is such a great idea...Count me in...I will take an hour of time, sign me up for 11:21-12:20!!!!

Juli Jarvis said...

My message to you apparently didn't get through -- thought I was signed up at 7:40am. But please know that I'll be praying early in the morning during my devotional time! I'm not sure that these later times will work for me, since I'll be with family.

The Leeth family said...

Ok, I was right the first time... I have mistakingly signed up for 6:20 am CST! Too early for me!! I don't get enough sleep as it is! So if I could change mine to the next hour so I would be 7:20 CST.. or something.?

Mama's Ramblings said...

10:41 - 11:20 A.M.

SIGN ME UP...I HAD TO FILL THE GAP... :-)

Amber T. said...

hey abbie put me down from 3p-4p. please. love ya amber

Becky said...

Sign me up! 1:00 - 1:20pm

Highland MOPS said...

I will pray 10:01-10:20 (Leah Coordinator of Highland MOPS). My personal blog is justme-leah.blogspot.com

Carolina Mama said...

We would love to participate! Thanks for the invite. We'll take the 9:21 pm to 9:40pm. This is a great idea. Oh, and those "please" tees are too cute! :)

Susan said...

Sign me up for 10:21-10:40. Thanks Abbie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails