Thursday, October 16, 2008

Please

There is a great post over at Compassion's blog right now. It's about the Global Food Initiative and joining the fight against global food crisis. The global food crisis is one that I blog about most. Sponsoring a child is the most effective way of helping these hungry children and their families, but if you feel that you cannot commit to the once a month cost of $32.00-please, consider giving to the food crisis fund.

I encourage you to go over and read the post and even visit the Global Food Initiative website. It has lots of great valuable information and tips on how you can make a difference.

Here is a little sample of what the post today is saying....

"Under the burden of the global food crisis, the hungry are more hungry, poverty is more overwhelming. The need for food is more desperate, and the word falling from every hungry mouth, I imagine, is, “Please.”"

So they have asked us in putting out our hands and asking "Please". "Please" for the 854 MILLION people across the world who are hungry. "Please" for the 16,000 children who die EVERY DAY from hunger-related causes. That amounts to one child every 5 seconds.

For me, what pains my heart the most, is thinking of a helpless child having to say "Please" for food. They shouldn't be working for food. They shouldn't be sold or have to sell themselves as sex slaves for food. They shouldn't have to beg for food.

My daughter means the world to me and I couldn't imagine her having to put out her hands and say "Please" for a even a crumb of food.

Just take a moment to imagine......

Be disgusted. Be angry. Cry. Weep.

Do what you need to do to be THE change that each of these children and their families need.



7 comments:

Renee said...

Abbie -- Found your blog through the Compassion blog...your pictures are so powerful, they bring tears to my eyes. Thank you for posting and sharing them.

Amber Van Schooneveld said...

What beautiful pictures!

Domestic Goddess said...

WOW! Aleeyah's pictures are amazing, that is such a great idea. You are so creative! Compassion is a fantastic cause and this is a great way to get the word out.

Jill Foley said...

Great post and great pictures!!!! I tried to get my girls to pose for pics like this and all it did was get me frustrated!

Abbie H. said...

Thank you everyone for the compliments. I continue to pray that our little ones will understand and make a stand more than what we do. When I look at her helping me with this, I think of how it's my responsibility to teach her that poverty exists and that we are commanded to help, but more than that-that we help them because we love them.

These hands-although small now-will be the hands that will help other children and their families.

Ben, Kelly and Sophie said...

These pictures are really sweet, Abbie.

Juli Jarvis said...

Awwww --- I assume you sent this to Compassion? What a sweet photo, and great message.

Related Posts with Thumbnails