Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cinderella shooting!

No, I don't mean that Cinderella was shot! Cinderella....camera.....photo shoot.....get it?

Remember this?

Well, we are a little less than 2 weeks away from Halloween!

I found a park that I wanted to take Aleeyah to so that I could take her pictures in her Cinderella dress. Chris and I had planned on taking her this evening to do just that, but I never actually mapped it out. Chris went to look it up just before we left and we realized it was about 45 minutes away. If we would have went, we wouldn't have had enough light. So we just took her out in front of the apartments to get a few shots. Honestly, it was killing me to not share with you guys. We are going to try to take her to that other park tomorrow for a few shots that I just HAVE to have! If we end up going, I'll post those tomorrow.

She absolutely loves her dress and really enjoyed getting dressed up for the pictures (she better! does she know what I went through to make it for myse......her? haha). It's amazing how you can put a princess dress on a 3 year old and all the sudden she turns about 10 years older and acts the role quite perfectly! I have to admit, I had a bit of a mom moment and started to tear up. My baby girl looked so beautiful and not so babyish anymore.

I still need to find her gloves to complete her look. I hope that I can still find them this week!

Alright, here are the pics! They aren't the best, but it was a last minute effort! Let me know what you think!!!!

BTW-the swirly graphics are something for digital scrapbook and I am completely aware that they are not good quality. I wanted to make you aware so that you didn't think that I wasn't aware and think that I thought that it looked nice close up when in fact...it doesn't! And for some reason-no matter what I do-blogger is squishing my last photo! Okay....I feel better!





6 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

The pictures are adorable, she looks so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see the park ones too. What a great idea!

Jeana said...

Oh my what a cute halloween costume!! She looks so adorable!!

Da MiMi said...

Simply smashing!

Ben, Kelly and Sophie said...

That dress is really amazing. You are so talented! Aleeyah looks precious and will be the "Belle of the Ball" for Halloween!!

Juli Jarvis said...

Why do your photos not open for me? It seems to be all the blogspot ones that won't work for me. I've tried Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer -- all to no avail! I didn't use to have this problem; anyone have any ideas? I spoke to Apple today -- no answers from them either.

GinSpaghetti said...

You are my sewing hero!!! :P

That is GREAT! I hope I can get to that point one day! I don't really "get" patterns either. Too complicated... Ultimately the end result is what's important. I love the dress (and the witch constume, TOTALLY adorable!)!

Thanks for sending this link!

Related Posts with Thumbnails