Friday, August 29, 2008

She writes!

As I post on the blog before this one, Aleeyah and I have been back to working on our letters.

We are struggling with learning how to write the letters of the alphabet. Why? Because Miss Independent doesn't want me to hold her hand to draw the letter, she doesn't want to trace the letters, and she needs more assistance than just giving her an example to look at. We were however able to use the last method mentioned to teach her how to write a "T" and an "i". She already knew how to write a "H" and "O". Soooo...last night she wrote the word HOT!!! I know this wouldn't be exciting for most peple reading, but we are so proud of her. She just loves to learn and that makes us happy parents!

**I have to add that after I posted this post and was viewing it to make sure the video was there, Aleeyah ran over, picked up her Magna Doodle, and wrote the word HOT all by herself. She wasn't looking at anything to know how to spell it and I didn't tell her. Completely, on her own!!! :)

Here is a video of her writing HOT. It was taken on my digital camera so I messed up when I didn't turn the camera around so she is sideways. Sorry about that!

1 comment:

Jill Foley said...

Love your blog! I'm extremely interested in some dolls, but won't place an order yet.

We are HUGE fans of Compassion... been an advocate for 14 years, sponsor 7 children, correspond with another 6.

Visit my blog when you get a chance.
I'm going to put you on my blogroll if that's ok...

www.sydandkay.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails