Friday, August 1, 2008

Picnic in the park

Today Aleeyah and I headed to the park for a picnic. The weather has been pretty mild compared to summers in Oklahoma, but today it felt pretty warm. It did feel pretty good sitting under the large tree eating our lunch.

I love being able to spend this time with her. She amazes me that she always on her best behavior when she knows our outing is all about her and I being together. There are times her and I go on lunch dates together and I have never seen a 2 year old act the way she does in a restaurant-always polite and respectful of others. Actually, this is something people comment all the time about. She is very good at saying please, thank you, no thank you, excuse me (even when someone is in her way), and has even been saying no and yes ma'am. I'm not big on the ma'am thing and it kills me when she calls me ma'am, but polite none the less!!! I love that about her!

I decided to bring my camera along to try to get some shots for her 3 year old pics. I was able to get a couple, but I need to take her back out when it's not the hottest part of the day. I will be sharing those in the next couple of days.

For now here are some her at the park.



Aleeyah "flying like a bee"--as she says



Aleeyah pointing to the United States and Africa. We discussed that the United States is where we live and Africa is where one of our Compassion children, Gacheri lives. I dont think she really got it! ha ha!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails