Tuesday, June 10, 2008

BIG NEWS on the Homefront!

...and this time I actually get to tell you what it is! Yes, finally, I can dump the darn cat out of the bag! (BTW-please enlighten me if you know where the phrase "let the cat out of the bag" comes from. Some of the things we say are so bizarre!!!)

The news will come to no surprise for some of you. You may have heard from myself or Chris, you may have heard through that lovely grapevine (yet another weird phrase), OR you might have guessed it from the previous blogs where I might have mentioned Chris' new job and that our house was on the market and 6 days later-SOLD!!

Well, as you know-we are moving (hence the house selling). The moving crew will be here in the next couple of weeks to pack up all of our belongings into a large truck and then head up I-35 North-Kansas bound. Yes, you read that right. The girl who has lived in Moore, Oklahoma her entire life and always said she would never leave-is in fact, packing up her family and leaving. Chris' new job that he accepted is in Kansas City, MO. We will be living in Overland Park, KS which is about 25 minutes from his job and about 3 miles from my dad and brother in Olathe, KS. The area we are moving to is a beautiful place and has a lot to offer, but I will post more on that at a later date. I am most excited about regaining full visitation of my husband. Aleeyah and I's weekend visitation rights were sure getting old. I am also looking forward to getting to spend more time with my dad and my little brother (who is graduating high school next year! ahhhh!!!).

We will truly miss our friends and family here in Oklahoma. Many of you have been like family to us and we couldn't ask for anything better. You have been so supportive and honestly, right now-we need that. I have cried many tears while talking to several of you, but I will never forget the things that you have said to help me find strength in a time that I was weak. You have been an amazing family to get to know, to laugh with, and to grow in. It will be hard to leave Oklahoma knowing we wont see each other as often, but we also know that this has been God's plan for us. He couldn't be more clear and in that-we find comfort.

I will post more later about the upcoming move, what this means for my position at Oakcrest, and where our new home will be, but for now-

I will end with a few things I have learned throughout this entire process. I have learned that about the time you say, "I will never..." you better start packing up and get ready to go on the adventure that God has set out for you. I have learned that the people that understand your need for a change-although never easy-are the people who truly care about you. And the last one for today--I have learned what it means to fully give your worries to God-to let Him have the controls while you sit back and listen for His direction.

An oldie, but goodie---
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails