Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Apartment Living

I know news just hit the blog about us moving only a couple of short hours ago, but we have so much to share right now and honestly, I dont know how much time I will have to blog about it in the next couple of weeks. AND on top of that-we have been getting calls from several of our family and friends wondering where we are in the moving process.

So here are a few details...

Chris and I put a deposit on an apartment this last weekend. We looked at several apartments. There were so many to choose from and all of them were equally nice. The one we chose stood out from the rest because it has just been updated with new appliances, cabinet fronts, and best of all-brushed nickel lighting fixtures. Although I am happy with the wall color we are able to paint if we choose so long as we put on a primer coat before we leave. So I will be able to paint Aleeyah's room!!! Chris and I have decided to rent an apartment for at least a year so that we can get use to the area and have a little play time without yard work and housing maintanance. Obviously, we will still be cleaning the house, but no renovations or repairs. I will post pictures of our new home once we get up there and get our stuff settled.

We will be on the 2nd floor overlooking an area of landscaping and will be able to see the golf course from our balcony.


This is where I will be getting my tan!!!


And this is where Aleeyah and I will be spending all summer to keep cool!!!


We are finalizing the details of the move here in the next couple of days. So we will have those dates to share soon. Our house closes at the end of the month so we will definately be out before that date.

So that is where we are for now. It seems like it changes everyday!!!

3 comments:

Ben, Kelly and Sophie said...

Good for you guys; we're so excited for you and we'll definitely have to come visit. I think the KSHA (Kansas Speech-Language Hearing Assoc) conference is in Overland Park in September...

Nate said...

Gonna miss you guys....

Cooter said...

Tell Chris congrats on the new job. We will miss you guys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails