Friday, March 7, 2008

Geese go Honk, Honk.....

As usual, things around here have been quite busy this week. I won't go into details about the craziness that is about to encompass our weekend, BUT we did decide to just hang out tonight. We took Aleeyah out in the backyard to see and feed a couple of geese. Spring will be here before we know it and the pond will be filled with them every morning. We haven't ever let her go out and feed them before because during the Spring they can be pretty aggressive to protect their young. She enjoyed feeding them and I think they were enjoying it themselves. They don't typically get as close as these did tonight. Of course, we took pictures which you can see below.

We have some exciting news in our family! Well, it is exciting for us. After 3 years of really working on becoming debt free-we have made it!!! The only thing we owe on is our house! Which means we are getting closer to being able to build our house on some acreage. We are still in the saving stage, but we plan on starting to talk to builders and doing our research soon-giving ourselves an ample amount of time to plan. This is the house we want to raise Aleeyah and any future children in so a lot of time will be spent figuring out what we really want. Every time I think about living on the outskirts of the city, I think about being able to see more stars than what I can see from our current house. I know it means more bugs and rodents, but I want to be able to see the stars. I want Aleeyah to know what a shooting star looks like. I know it sounds a little cheesy, but every time I go outside at night-I always look up to see the stars. So we are very excited to reach this time in our lives!

Aleeyah is in bed sleeping so now it's time for us to get some things done!
Here are the pictures I promised!







1 comment:

Ben, Kelly and Sophie said...

Ben told me about your debt-free status; that is WONDERFUL. We're working on our own "debt snowball," so you give us something to aspire to!

Related Posts with Thumbnails