Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Fantastic Weekend!

Well, we had a fantastic weekend! It was busy, but we made the most of it. Friday night we had some friends over for Mexican food, BROWNIES (I love brownies), and games. Aleeyah got to stay up later than normal and Chris and I didn't hit the bed until after 4am. So we were exhausted once we tried to peel ourselves out of bed on Saturday morning, but my dad made biscuits in gravy-which made it easier to up!

My dad was here this weekend and we got to spend a lot of time together which was great! Some friends of ours from church are moving to Wichita soon so Sundays night some of the guys came over for a gaming party. We are sad to see them moving, but so happy for them to be close to their family! Dad took Aleeyah and I to the movies to see Horton Hears a Who. This was the first time Aleeyah went to the big theatre. When she walked in the theatre she just kept saying, "WOW"! She did great and sat still the entire time, watching the movie and chowing down on her popcorn and coke (yes, I actually let her have coke). She looked like such a big girl and I think she loved every moment of it. Of course, we had a whole lot going on this weekend, but these were the highlights. Overall, I feel like we got to spend a lot of quality time with each other as a family and with our friends.

Things are going good around here. Aleeyah is turning into a little girl more and more everyday. She loves to read off letters from the TV, signs, shirts, crayons-pretty much anything that has letters. It's a fun game for her. Now she has got all but a couple of them down. We are going to start back at potty training again soon. We tried before, but she didn't seem ready. I didn't want to push her on it so we gave it up for a little while. I think she will be more ready this time.

Chris is going to be looking for a new job soon. We are very excited about this for various reasons. We also have some anxiety about it, but we realize that God has preparing our hearts and minds for this for a while now. So we are excited to see what He has in store for us!

My fun time playing with kids "job" is still going great! The other day, one of the kids told me he had missed me (he missed a couple of Sundays and Wednesdays) and it just melted my heart. I had sent him a card telling him I missed him, but for him to tell me the same was great! It reminded me of why I love working with kids. Children don't, typically, hide their feelings so when they don't like you-you know, BUT when they DO like you-you know that too!

Well, I guess that is all about us right now! I will try to get some pictures of the girl this week and post them up.

I hope all is well with everyone else!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails