Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cards, Stargazing, and Jesus spotting!

I know it has been quite some time since I wrote last. It has been really busy around the Hamblin house. Chris' job is going well. He should be in town for a while-which is always good. My job is starting to really get busy. There are a lot of things in the works which requires doing some major planning and preparing. It's a good thing that I love what I do or else I would be stressed to the max!

We had a good Valentine's Day. I got to spend some time with Chris before he left for the weekend to go to Boston. We went out to dinner and then had plans on walking around the lake. It is something we do quite a bit when we go out by ourselves. Probably one of my most favorite things to do. I know it would sound boring to most, but I love it. A cold front came in and put a damper on that plan though. I was disappointed, but we had a good time anyway. Aleeyah and I made Chris a Valentine's Day card. She had a good time stickering it up and Chris really enjoyed it.



Before the weather got yucky, I had been going running in the evening after we put Aleeyah to bed. It was kind of my treat. I'd throw on my ipod and blare it as loud as I could (and still be able to hear enough to know if there was someone around me). Once I got to the other side of our neighborhood on my second lap, I would lay down on the grass by the pond and look up at the stars. That's where my treat comes in. I wont go into detail about what I think about while I'm out there, but I will say-I'm always amazed by the stars, the one who created them, and how incredibly small we are in comparison. Anyways-I took Aleeyah with me last night. She rode in the jogging stroller and pointed out everything in our path. From every car that drove by and airplane in the sky to someones yard sign. She noticed the stars and sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and on the way home she sang her ABC's over and over. It was nice to have some company. I let her in on my little treat. We laid down under the stars and sang Twinkle, Twinkle and even tried to count them. It was so nice to share my time with her. I want her to grow up understanding that these little moments are what make life what it is. How can you have hope without ever sitting back in amazement of God's great works?

So I would say we had a pretty good evening. Then this morning I was reading some email and came across this picture...
Without prompt or anything-as soon as Aleeyah saw it she happily yelled JESUS! It's not like we sit around and look at pictures of Jesus in the manger. So I was shocked, but pretty proud too! I'm always amazed at the things she retains. She opened up a piece of candy in church the other day and said "oval". Oval isnt my most favorite shape ever so we rarely bring up this shape, and I dont normally point our her candy as shapes. But she recognized it as being an oval. She is counting to 15 all on her own and can recognize most of all the letters. There are still a couple that trip her up. If you couldn't tell-we are so proud of her!

Well, I need to figure out some lunch and get the girl down for a nap! I hope everyone is having a good week! Dont forget to do some stargazing!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails