Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tropical Paradise anyone?

I thought it was about time for an update. Things have been going well around here. I am still loving my job and Chris is off to North Dakota for a site move. Aleeyah went back to school this last week. I am glad to get back to our schedule. I have found that although I love to be at home with her, I love being able to feel the sense of accomplishment outside of the home. I get a lot done when she is at school and she is gaining so much from it. She is recognizing her numbers and letters, starting to count higher than 10, and her overall comprehension has vastly improved. I do think some of that is because she is getting older and things are starting to click, but I think school is really helping, also.

I think we are all ready for winter to be over. Even though tornado season follows winter, I am ready! I hate being cooped up in the house. I look at my car that needs to be washed or my dead flowers that need to be pulled and then I look to the sky wondering when I will ever be able to feel the warmth of the sun again! I know it will come soon enough and I will be singing a different tune, but for now-I don't want to wait. I saw a picture of a friend taken while she was vacationing with the sun (I dont remember where it was, but it sounded fabulous to me). The picture showed her arms stretched towards the sky with the sun beating down on her face. I was so envious. It seems like it has been years since I felt that feeling. Granted it has only been a few months, but just go with me.

Well, we did have a beautiful day the other day (not quite a sun beating down kind of day) and we took Aleeyah to the park. Because of the yucky weather, we haven't been in quite a while. She had a blast and we played until it was dark. You could tell all the kids were glad to be outside playing! The picture is her at the park and it was getting dark when I took them-so they didn't turn out very well. She was NOT excited about leaving. We sheepishly promised we would come back soon-we just don't know how soon! I guess we will just have to pray for the warm weather to get here quick.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! If you made a new year's resolution-I wish you luck! I didn't make any this year, but that doesn't mean I don't have some goals in mind. I am just afraid if I call them resolutions, I won't get them done! :)

Alright, I got to get the princess to bed for her beauty sleep! And I guess I should get Aleeyah to bed, too! ha ha

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails