Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Rewarding Week

Well, this week has been a good week and full of rewards. That might sound a little weird and this blog may be a bit cheesy, but here I go anyway.

Aleeyah was having problems napping at Mother's Day Out for the last few weeks. I try really hard to keep her to her napping schedule. I dont want her to get confused on when she is suppose to be sleeping. I don't like even going a day without one because she is pretty darn stubborn and if she gets it set in her mind that she doesn't want to take a nap-she wont! Plus, the girl NEEDS her naps-if she doesnt nap in the afternoon-it makes for a very rough evening. Well, it occured to me that they start laying her down for a nap between 11:30 and 12:00. She doesnt get up until 8:45-9:00. So no wonder she wasnt sleeping. She had only been up for 3hours at the most! For the last week I have been waking her up between 7:30-8:00 and she is back to napping!! ahhhhh.....that feels good!

Another one of our rewards comes in the form of time with a 6' 4" man. Chris was gone over this last weekend. He was working in North Dakota. We aren't use to him being gone over a weekend and it seemed to weigh on me more than usual. BUT since he was gone over the weekend he had today off work and will have off tomorrow. I have already put a lot of hours in this week (because I am SUPER excited about our VBS and Day Camp coming this summer and I can't put the stuff down!!!) so I am going to clean in the morning and spend the rest of the afternoon with Chris. Chris is going to take Aleeyah to school-so we can have an adult afternoon. We have no clue as to what we are going to do, but either way-I'm sure it will be fun!

Tonight, I felt a bit frazzled because I had been trying to keep the kids from running through the halls and through the pitch black auditorium before Bible class. They were overall more energized than the usual. Well, a couple of minutes before it was time to go down and get them pumped for class, I was standing there talking to a group of kids. And all the sudden, one of the boys(not one that I was talking to) came up and wrapped his arms around my waste and gave me a hug. It was completely, unexpected! Now if that isnt a reward-I dont know what is. God has given me this great oppurtunity to build relationships with these children and so many more out there. Relationships that will help develop the ultimate relationsip-the one with God. It's becoming more and more clear to me that He has allowed things to happen in my life so that I can be better equipped to touch the lives of each child and to handle the relationships that it brings. I guess right now, I just feel blessed! There aren't many more words I could use to describe it.

I have to say that I have really enjoyed this week. I have strengthened some relationships, realized just how much I LOVE my "job", and have felt an overall sense of great happiness.

Well, it's getting late and it's going to be a busy day tomorrow!

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails