Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving (check)....Christmas.....bah humbug

November hasn't really been a good month for blogging. I skipped some weeks in there, but I did want to let you know that Thanksgiving went well. We spent Wednesday night at my Mom's house with her husband's family. Then on Thursday we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house in El Reno, I think. I do know it was way, way out there. We spent a couple of hours there and then we were on our way home to cook the ham and a couple of pies for the 15 to arrive in the evening. We overall had a good time. It was probably the most relaxing Thanksgiving I have had in a long time. Normally, it is pretty chaotic around here during the holidays with 24-26 guests. I love having everyone around, but my house starts busting at the seems. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Lauren and my Dad, there wasn't a lot to do after everyone left. They helped me clean the kitchen and get everything packed up. It dawned on me how very thankful I am to have Lauren around because she always steps up to help me get things on the table and then get them off when everyone is done!

Now, somehow, I have to get my rear in gear for Christmas. I don't know what my deal is this year. I don't know where my Christmas cheer has gone. Maybe, watching the Grinch Stole Christmas might help it come back. Since Chris isn't home this week (he is in Green Bay, Wisconsin for work), Aleeyah and I might have to run up to the movie store and plan a night to find mommy's Christmas cheer!!!!

Goodness, my how the words have flown out of me. So sorry for the rambling!!! The picture is of Lauren's turkey she made. She wanted me to take a picture of it and oddly it's the only picture I got from the evening!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails