Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A few changes in the Hamblin house!

After a little over 2 years of staying at home with Aleeyah, today was my first official day in the office at Oakcrest. As some of you may know, I was offered a position as a children's minister at the congregation I attend. They say it is going to be on a part time basis (15-20 hours), but I know ministry is always on a full time basis. I am so excited about the changes this is going to bring to the church and to our family!

Aleeyah is attending Oakcrest's Mothers Day Out program 3 days a week. Her first day was today!!! It was a hard because I use to having her with me all day, but at least she is right down the hall from my office! I was worried about how she was going to react to me dropping her off, but she went right in to play. I hope that it continues to go this way. I think she is really going to enjoy being with the other kids and learning new things (probably even the bad things such as mine, pinching, and so on, but we will try to nip those in the butt as soon as they arise).

Well, let's keep our fingers crossed that this is going to be something she loves!!! The picture is her before we left for her first day!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails